Pregnancy is the time when you prepare for new responsibilities. Your body undergoes a number of changes during pregnancy which leads to more hair growth around the belly, nipples or other unwanted places. As your belly expands, it can get difficult for you to reach certain areas of your body to shave. Treatments like laser hair removal are available in order to save you from the hassle of trying to shave unreachable areas of your body. Those who are pregnant or planning to get pregnant often have a question in their mind if laser hair removal method is safe during pregnancy. In this blog, we will be giving you useful information about laser hair removal treatments and if it is safe to get the treatment done during pregnancy.
Is It Safe to Get Laser Treatment During Pregnancy?
The researches have not shown that it is unsafe to receive laser hair removal treatment during pregnancy. However, it is recommended by some to avoid getting the treatment on the breast and abdomen areas during pregnancy or breastfeeding. It is recommended to consult with your doctor for advice before you decide to get any kind of medical or cosmetic treatment.
Important Details About Getting Laser Hair Removal Treatment During Pregnancy
- Laser hair removal treatment uses radiations to produce heat that destroys unwanted hair from the roots. These beams of laser light penetrate a few millimeters into the skin and are not known to cause negative effects on the patients.
- During pregnancy, your skin becomes sensitive, hence it is recommended to ask your doctor to apply a numbing cream before the treatment. It will reduce pain and make the process pain and hassle-free.
- Since there are hormonal changes associated with pregnancy, therefore, it can affect your hair growth patterns and regrowth time. All these factors can have a significant effect on the frequency of future laser hair removal sessions.
- Laser hair removal treatment should be avoided on the breasts, abdomen or bikini area during the pregnancy because it can become extremely painful or awkward.
- The changed hormone levels during pregnancy can lead to an excessive production of melanin. Therefore, the darkening of the skin can make the laser hair removal treatment less effective than before.
- Performing laser treatment on the bikini area or breasts can be extremely painful as these areas are the most sensitive at this time. Some swelling, redness or skin pigmentation is expected to occur after the treatment.
Those were several important things you need to pay attention to when getting laser hair removal treatment in your pregnancy. It is unknown if the laser hair removal treatment is safe during pregnancy but some medical professionals believe it is safe to use the treatment as long as you are not in the third trimester of pregnancy. You should be extra cautious during and after the treatment because your skin is sensitive at this time and side-effects like – skin pigmentation, severe burns or skin lesions can be expected.
Discuss Your Concerns Today!
Get in touch with the experts at https://www.prolaser.com.au if you are looking to get the laser hair removal treatment done in order to achieve smooth and silky skin. Professional Laser Hair Removal treatment treats both men and women of all ages. They have the state-of-the-art laser technologies to offer their clients highest-quality results. Get in touch with the professionals today to discuss your concerns.