Laser hair removal is a popular treatment to get rid of unwanted hair from the different parts of the body. If you are tired of shaving, waxing or tweezing and have decided to opt for laser hair removal, there are a number of ways to ensure the end-result reaches its full potential. If you are someone looking for complete information on laser hair removal treatment, this blog is for you. In this write-up, we will be giving you a few useful tips on how to prep your skin for the treatment and how to take care of it after the treatment so that it heals completely.
Pre-Treatment Care Tips
- Shaving within 12 hours prior to treatment is recommended because it will clear the necessary amount of extra growth.
- The candidates should not expose themselves to direct sunlight, solarium or fake Do not forget to apply a good-quality sunscreen or sunblock to keep your skin thoroughly hydrated and moisturized.
- Before you head for laser hair removal treatment, ensure your skin is free of any cosmetics, lotions, deodorant, creams or beauty products.
- One should always wear comfortable and loose fitting clothes on the appointment day because it will provide easy access to the area to be treated easily. Moreover, loose fitting clothes will provide optimal comfort and minimal irritation after the treatment.
- If you are undergoing laser procedures or chemical peels in the area to be treated, it should be avoided prior two weeks before and after the treatment.
Post-Treatment Care Tips
You need to take good care of the skin after the treatment so that your skin heals effectively. Mentioned below are several useful tips that would help you get the results you are looking for.
- Avoid direct exposure to the skin after the treatment.
- If you are feeling discomfort, you can use over the counter medications, ice packs, cool towels or aloe vera to alleviate the discomfort due to heat.
- Exfoliate the treated area gently to minimize the risk of ingrown hairs.
- Do not apply seat warmers immediately after the treatment
- Laser treatments use heat to destroy hair follicles. Hence, exposing the area to the additional heat can increase the skin irritation. Therefore, one should avoid saunas, steam rooms or hot water for at least 48 hours after the treatment.
Book an Appointment Today!
Those were several important tips that would help you take care of your skin before and after the treatment. Visit Professional Laser Hair Removal Clinic if you want to get a silky smooth hair-free skin. They are highly skilled, experienced and knowledgeable professionals offering guaranteed results to the individuals. They are registered and government approved and uses top-notch tools and equipment to remove hair from the skin.